Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Award - A.R.Rahman


"All my life I had 2 choice Hate & Love, I chose Love and here I'm" - were the words by A.R.Rehman, the music director when he received the oscar award for best musical song. He also got the award for best musical score and he said a sentence in tamil "Ella pugalum iraivanuke"













I was lucky to watch the oscar not directly in hollywood but just in TV, still it was very good that I got a chance as I was in US. It is very special because of Slumdog Millionaire, the movie about a guy from slum making it to the "who wants to be a millionaire". Though its directed by an English director its a story based in India and more over A.R. Rehman has done the musical score for it.

Seeing the nominations and the predictions I was pretty sure Slumdog Millionaire would win atleast 5 awards and as per that it did. In fact it won 8 awards out of 10 nominations winning the Best Movie, Best Direction, Best Musical Score, Best Musical Song, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Sound Mixing. The best part was A.R. Rehman winning the Oscar for Musical score, the first indian ever. And to be more proud he is from Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
It was good to see the entire actors including all the child artists of Slumdog Millionaire in the hollywood. It would have been the happiest moment for all of them being at the Oscar Award Ceremony. All together it was a wonderful, memorable night

No comments:

Making of KAN - Kathai Alla Nijam (Short Film)

Four years back on the same day, I uploaded the short film KAN - Kathai Alla Nijam. I have made a video on the "Making of KAN". If...