Thursday, February 26, 2009

In the Sky



27th Friday 3.30 PM IST


"When you are reading this, I might be probably IN THE SKY..." Preeti just read the first few lines from Shiva's blog. Shiva had updated his blog just before starting from Newyork (to chennai) and had mailed it to his wife. She continued reading it. "Its middle of night in India and im ready to board the flight. I was not sure to disturb your sleep. So I just thought I will write all the things that I wanted to tell you in my blog. I had a strange feeling after I checked in and was lazily sitting at the GATE for boarding. I dint know what it was but a sense of feel inside...that i missed you. Its not the usual way that I miss you, it was more than that."



===========================


26th Thursday 8.00 AM EST (26th Thursday 6.30 PM IST)



Shiva : "Mixi..."

Preeti's mom : "Hello.."

Shiva : "Enna Mixi, Valakama aluku mootai'nu thane koopiduve"

Preeti's mom : "Hello, yaaru pesrathu?"

Shiva : "Oh, athai neengala. Na Shiva pesuren, Preeti illaya"

Preeti's mom : "Iruka iruka - tho koopiduren (Preetiiiiiiii... enga poi tholanja) phonela avar pesurar!, Neenge eppadi irukeenge maaplai"

Shiva : "Na nalla iruke athai, neenge mama ellarum sowkiyama?"

Preeti's mom : "Ellarum nalla irukum, tho vanthutaa.." intha preeti

Preeti : "Sollunge!!!"

Shiva : "Ungamma ve poi mixi nu kooptenna, avangaluku onnum puriyale"

(As preeti's mom leaves the place)

Preeti : "Ha ha...Alukku mootai, innikavathu kulichiya?"

Shiva : "Guiness record, 3 days continously took bath"

Preeti : "Wow, athiyasayama iruke. Seri packed all your bags?"

Shiva : "Yes yes, all done. Flight is at 3 and 11'ku start panniduven"

Preeti : "Ellathayum oru vaati check panniko, paasport, ticket. Check if you have switched off the heater, gas"

Shiva : "100th time solre ithey... dont worry i will take care. Seri payan enna solraa?"

Preeti : "Movements neraya iruku, Enaku bayama iruku. I want you to be here with me"

Shiva : "Keep cool, tension agathey. Tho vanthuduven 1 day le. Payan enakage wait pannuvaan"

Preeti : "Payan'e mudivu panniyacha?"

Shiva : "Not really but instincts say that. Ponna irunthalam no problem I would love her all the more"

(Preeti's parents come near and so her tone changes back)

Preeti : "Seringa! paathu bathrama vaange. Airport le theriyatha aal kitta pesathinge, dont get things from strangers"

Shiva : "Ok Preeti Mixi, dont worry I will be safe. You take care, I luv you"

Preeti : "I too luv da"

Shiva : "Byeee..."

Preeti : "Byeeee..."


===========================


27th Friday 3.31 PM IST


Preeti continued reading shiva's blog. "Its not the usual way that I miss you, it was more than that. So I just thought I will let you know that I luv you very much, more than anything else in this world. I had been harsh with you at times, but I have never asked a sorry. You were the one who use to compromise always and I have felt bad about that but I never had the courage to ask an apology. These 3 months when I was alone, I missed you a lot. I might not have told you that every day but I really missed you a lot. I also knew how difficult it is, to be a home maker. I have made fun of you and teased you lot of times saying that you are always at home, not working and enjoying. But now I know how difficult it is to cook variety of food for each meal, clean the utensils, clean the house, decorate them. You used to do all of these and welcome me with a smile in the evening when I returned from office. Each day I get fed up of thinking what to cook and many times I just leave the utensils on the wash basin for couple of days. When I wash them together, I end up having back pain. I know how much you love me and how much you used to take care of me. I really missed all that. I didnt know it when you were with me but when you were not there I felt a lot. I read this somewhere "We miss those people whome we dont want to miss". I really miss you. I didnt say all these to you earlier because I know you will feel bad for me. Now I'm saying this not because to make you feel bad but to tell you that I know your pain, to tell you that I luv you, to tell you that I miss you. This time its a different feeling of missing. I'm eagerly waiting to see you and our yet to be born baby. All along the flight I would be IN THE SKY thinking of you MIXI..."


===========================


26th Thursday 10.00 AM EST (26th Thursday 8.30 PM IST)


Shiva checked the bags for the last time. He made sure they dont weigh more than 23 KGs, as he had enough experiences earlier. Checked everything around. He quickly had kellogs with milk. Washed the dishes. He then cleaned the house for the final time, cleared the fridge and kept the garbage bag outside. Checked his passport and check the flight timings once again. He sat relaxed on the sofa and switched on his TV. Checked the temperature, it was exactly 32'F (exactly 0'C). He kept his MP3 player out so that it he can use it in the airport and in the flight.


===========================


26th Thursday 11.00 AM EST (26th Thursday 8.30 PM IST)


Taxi came on time. He carried the bags outside, made sure everything was fine then locked the house. It was freezing outside and he switched his MP3 player on. "Veyilodu Vilayadi, Veyilodu uravaadi, Veyilodu mallukatti aatam potome!!!" song from the movie "Veyil" was playing. He got into the taxi and told the driver "JFK Airport". He then got into the song. As he was listening to it he was laughing to himself thinking about the irony that the weather was 0 degrees while the song is about playing with hot sunny day. Taxi reached JFK airport comfortably by an hour. By the next one hour Shiva finished the checking, got the boarding passes and went to GATE 23. He still had about an hour and a half for the flight, so just opened his laptop. It was then he got the strange feeling. "Grnnnnnnnnnnnng!!!" At the same time his mobile alarm rang as if giving a signal to his thought. He had set that alarm one day before as a reminder to do some activity. Shiva is a guy who gets these instincts and dreams that kind of come true. Whenever he gets these instincts or dreams he immediately makes it a point to tell someone so that it doesnt happen. But to his bad luck there was no one to talk about or he could think off to call. It was too late to wake up Preeti as well. Finally decided to write a blog.


===========================


27th Friday 3.32 PM IST


Preeti was in tears as she read Shiva's blog. The same moment the news flash on TV read about a Flight from NewYork crashing into Hudson River...


===========================


So was it the flight that shiva travelled ?


If so what actually happened and were the passengers saved ?

If not, did shiva make it to Chennai ?

Did he meet Preeti ?

Did Preeti deliver a baby ?

Was it a boy or a girl ?


If you want to know the answers to these questions, write a comment in this blog or drop a mail to me. When I write the part 2, I will send an email.

6 comments:

Karthikeyan.L said...

macha tell me the climax..Plz soon

Karthik said...

of course, who wouldn't want to know. By the way, what did your instincts say??

Anonymous said...

waiting for the climax.

KK said...

So was it the flight that shiva travelled ?
Nope, that was a flight to Charlotte, NC.

If so what actually happened and were the passengers saved ?
All passengers were safe, Thanks to CNN :)

If not, did shiva make it to Chennai ?
Ofcourse...

Did he meet Preeti ?
Obviously yes :)

Did Preeti deliver a baby ?
Congratulations. Shiva neenga appa aagiteenga :)

Was it a boy or a girl ?
Girl (Since he already told his instincts out, it wud be a girl)

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

LOL @ KK's comments!

I know the climax :P Hahahaha..hehehehe!

jayakarthik said...

please do tell me the climax
waiting for ur reply

Making of KAN - Kathai Alla Nijam (Short Film)

Four years back on the same day, I uploaded the short film KAN - Kathai Alla Nijam. I have made a video on the "Making of KAN". If...