Sunday, June 11, 2006

06/06/06 == 666, is it a sign for bad omen ?

I have been following up some special dates for few years and something significant has happened in my life with all those dates (in positive manner). Some of the dates were:

01/02/03 - My First day at Dubai (client's place) [Opening ellam nallatha iruku... Aaana I only know the troubles i had in hadling the project :)]
02/03/04 - Again I was in dubai, but this time it was for completing the project [Successfully swam across the ocean, without knowing swimming]
03/04/05 - By this day I was working with a new employer (Thirdware Solutions) with the client FORD and in couple of weeks i travel to Dublin [Yet another honeymoon period]
04/05/06 - Im still with the same employer but a different client Pfizer!!!

06/06/06- I did notice todays date with triple six. Normally 666 is considered as number of saturn, a symbol for bad omen (Appadinnu solraango!!!). Since my childhood i have read many articles, prophecies that the world is going to end around 09-09-1999. I was eagerly waiting for it, just out of curiousity. That day did come and i still remember me and karts (karthik) took a snap of each other (just in case if it was the last time .. he he). But nothing major happened. We did survive and so did the earth. I do read lot of Nostradamus predictions and thought this could be true. Ofcourse we have faced many natural calamities, earthquakes, and other such happenings [Twin Towers fall, India-Pak-Kargil, Tsunami in south Asia, Us attack in Afghanistan, Iraq... were some of the examples of heavy loss of property and people] which infact gave some resemblence to the prophecies.. but none of them were close to ARMAGEDDON.

I dont think this is a symbol for bad omen or the world is not goin to just end in one day. We have crossed 1806, 1906 and 2006 ofcourse. What i all feel is this is different date which will not repeat again (tho da..matha date ellam repeat agumaanu kekathinga]. I mean this is unique date and forms a different pattern. Ofcourse this date will appear again in June 2106, but none of us might be living......

I also read somewhere that actually 616 is the sign of beast and not 666. I also think Dan Brown makes a statement on this number 666 as a symbol for female goddess and not beast.

Finally, Im not sure if this is a sign for bad omen but the only issue i had with the date is, I couldnt update this blog exactly on the same date.

No comments:

Making of KAN - Kathai Alla Nijam (Short Film)

Four years back on the same day, I uploaded the short film KAN - Kathai Alla Nijam. I have made a video on the "Making of KAN". If...