Saturday, January 24, 2009

Yet another adventure

I know you are reading the title and wondering what it is referring to. Its about the recent US Airways crash landing on the Hudson River. Why did I call it yet another adventure? It is because i have already experienced and seen couple of adventures in NY. Refer to the below links before reading this article, where I have shared my earlier experiences.


Coming to the topic, time was around 3.30 pm in US. I was in the 36th floor of 150 E building which was in the 42nd street of Midtown Manhatten. Got a mail from pfizer security desk that a Flight US Airways has crashed into Hudson River, near 48th Street but all passengers were safe. Then me and my collegue Sankar tried to look through the window if we can get some glance. Unfortunately we were on the east side and so all we could see was the distant helicopters.

Then we googled, Youtubed and did all search on the web to see the news. By now everyone would have known the news but let me rewind it to have a record in my blog.



15th January 2009
US Airways Flight 1549 took off from the LaGuardia Airport in NY but within minutes it striked with a flock of geese that made the engine go for a toss. Pilot couldnt go back to the airport and so he did a fantastic job by landing in Hudson River. The temperature outside was freezing at 20 F (around -6 degree celcius) and within 5 to 10 mins all the passengers were evacuated. Near by ferries hurried to rescue them. All passengers were safe. The pilot was Chesley Burnett Sullenberger III and he really did an amazing job by landing the flight safely. I wish I was part of this adventure :)

No comments:

Making of KAN - Kathai Alla Nijam (Short Film)

Four years back on the same day, I uploaded the short film KAN - Kathai Alla Nijam. I have made a video on the "Making of KAN". If...